On November 23rd I purchased 35 shares of AT&T Inc. for 29,60 $ per share. The total cost of the purchase was 913 €. I didn’t have to pay commission this time, because my brokerage has a commission free campaign.
AT&T Inc. is a modern media holding company. It consists of four businesses which are:
- Media business
- Advertising and Analytics Business.
AT&T Inc. recently completed it’s purchase of Time Warner, which was a huge boost for their Media business. This acquisition also increased their net debt to over 180 billion dollars.
About The Stock
This giant telecom has been performing poorly for a while now. It has declined by about 24 % from the 52 week high. As a result stock is trading at very low valuation and has a record high dividend yield.
Some quick stats about AT&T:
- Estimated EPS: 3,51 $
- P/E Ratio: 8,4
- Beta: 0,46
- Yield: Pays a quarterly dividend of 0,50 $ per share which equals 6,76 % yield.
- Payout ratio: Dividend payout ratio is 57 %, which doesn’t sound too bad either.
- Dividend History: AT&T is a dividend aristocrat with 34 consecutive years of dividend growth.
- Dividend Growth Rate: Average dividend growth rate for the past five years is 2,2 %, which leaves a plenty of room for improvement. In my opinion the sky high yield compensates slow growth rate for now.
AT&T Inc. was already part of my portfolio and I now hold a total of 100 shares. With current yield it increases my annual passive income by 61,7 €. After the purchase weight of AT&T Inc. is 4,1 % of my portfolio.
Have you purchased any stocks this month? What do you think about this buy? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Thanks for reading.