On January 23rd I purchased 75 shares of Canadian Utilities (CU.TO) for 33,33 C$ per share. The total cost of the purchase was 1 668 €.
Canadian Utilities Limited is a Canada-based worldwide organization of companies with assets of 21 billion C$ and approximately 5200 employees.
Main three business divisions of Canadian Utilities are:
- Electricity (power generation, transmission and distribution of electricity)
- Pipelines and Liquids (transmission and distribution of natural gas)
- Retail Energy
I found mixed statistics from different sources, so I decided to calculate P/E and payout ratios with the estimated EPS:
- Sector: Utilities
- Estimated EPS (2019): 2,23 C$
- P/E Ratio: 14,9 (with estimated EPS)
- Beta: 0,37
- Yield: Pays a quarterly dividend of 0,4277 C$ per share which equals 5,13 % yield.
- Payout ratio: Dividend payout ratio is 77 % (with estimated EPS).
- Dividend History: CU.TO is a dividend aristocrat with 47 consecutive years of dividend growth.
- Dividend Growth Rate: Average dividend growth rate for the past five years is 10,2 %. They recently announced a 7,5 % dividend increase.
CU.TO is a new stock in my portfolio. With current yield it increases my annual passive income by 83,2 €. After the purchase weight of CU.TO is 2,3 % of my portfolio.
Have you purchased any stocks this month? What do you think about this buy? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Thanks for reading.