On April 11th I purchased 45 shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA) for 54,58 $ per share plus commission. The total cost of the purchase was 2 193 €.
Walgreen boots Alliance Inc. is an American holding company that owns Walgreens, Boots and numerous other pharmaceutical distribution, manufacturing and wholesale companies. They have operations in more than 25 countries and employ over 415 000 people.
Walgreens operate in three segments, which are:
- Retail Pharmacy USA
- Retail Pharmacy International
- Pharmaceutical Wholesale
The company is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe.
About The Stock
The stock has been under pressure for a while now. The latest drop happened after they missed earnings in Q1 and lowered 2019 forecast. There are also concerns how Amazon’s move into physical retail will affect the margins.
The current price is about 37 % below 52 week high. As a result stock is trading at a low valuation and has a record high dividend yield.
Some statistics about the stock:
- Sector: Consumer Defensive
- EPS: 5,05 $ (2018)
- P/E Ratio: 10,8
- Yield: Pays a quarterly dividend of 0,44 $ per share which equals 3,22 % yield.
- Payout ratio: Dividend payout ratio is 35 %, which leaves plenty of room for growth.
- Dividend History: Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. is a dividend aristocrat with 43 consecutive years of dividend growth.
- Dividend Growth Rate: Average dividend growth rate over the last 5 years is 6,9 %.
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. is a new holding in my portfolio. With current yield it increases my annual passive income by 69,9 €. After the purchase weight of WBA is 2,9 % of my portfolio.
Have you purchased any stocks this month? What do you think about this buy? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Thanks for reading.